- Job Reference: HKYLP0204/CC
- Date Posted: 22 February 2021
- Recruiter: Ashley Community Housing
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £18,000
- Sector: Finance Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
Birmingham, West Midlands
ACH is a social enterprise that provides a range of integration and support services for refugees. During the past ten years, we’ve grown from a small-scale housing organisation to a leading provider of integration, employment and housing services for refugees and newly arrived communities in the UK.
We are a leader in social innovation. We tackle integration through a variety of projects and initiatives that benefit refugee and migrant communities. Our #rethinkingrefugee campaign is considered outstanding and reflects our commitment to making sure refugees become part of society, rather than remaining marginalised and under-employed.
We are currently looking for a Finance Administrator to join our team on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £18,000 per annum
- Mobile phone and laptop
- Paid company sick leave
- Company pension after probation period
If you are a finance professional looking to build on your existing experience, this is a brilliant opportunity to join a well-established business with a global presence.
We are passionate about redefining integration, diversity and society. To achieve our goals, we need exceptional people on our team, which is why we offer great training, mentoring, long-term stability and a welcoming, friendly work environment.
You will have the chance to play an important role in the day-to-day operations of our organisation, which will enable us to continue delivering vital services for refugees, BAME and migrant individuals.
As a Finance Administrator, you will perform a range of activities to support the financial health of our organisation.
Your duties will involve:
- Managing all incoming and outgoing financial documents including invoices, cheques and purchase orders
- Liaising with the housing department to produce monthly reports
- Allocating direct debit payments to corresponding invoices
- Supplier and bank reconciliation
- Various other administrative tasks
To join us as a Finance Administrator, you’ll need:
- Experience of working in a similar finance role
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Sage 50 Accounts Plus
- Strong IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- A degree in accountancy, finance, business or a related field, or an AAT qualification at level 4
Other organisations may call this role Accounts Assistant, Finance Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Accounts Clerk, or Finance Clerk.
Webrecruit and ACH are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Finance Administrator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:30pm