- Job Reference: HKYLZ0403/CC
- Date Posted: 22 February 2021
- Recruiter: FareShare UK
- Location: London
- Salary: £28,000 to £32,000
- Sector: Finance Manager
- Job Type: Contract
Based from our Merseyside, Southampton, Ipswich, London or Sheffield sites (with regular travel to our London site)
We are FareShare, the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. We are a charitable distribution network that takes excess, in-date and good to eat food and redistributes it to other charities that turn it into meals.
We operate 21 regional centres around the UK – the majority of these are run by local charitable organisations (we call them delivery partners). This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation while keeping local concerns at the heart of our actions.
We are currently looking for a Facilities Manager to join our team on a fixed-term contract until the 31st March 2022.
- Salary of £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
- Travelcard loans (if required)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Help to feed families in need and make sure that no good food goes to waste
If you are a proactive Facilities Manager who enjoys finding solutions to challenging problems, this is a superb opportunity to support the smooth running of an established charity.
You will have the chance to make a real impact on a number of our sites and will have the autonomy to enhance our work environments, which will enable our staff and volunteers to perform at their best. This, in turn, will allow us to help more vulnerable people and feed hungry families across the country.
So, if you’re eager to take on a fast-paced role offering plenty of variety, as well as the opportunity to do some real good, we want to hear from you.
As the Facilities Manager, you will be responsible for staff and volunteer facilities and offices at our two London sites, our Sheffield office and three regional centres.
In this vital role, you will act as the primary point of contact for our third party contractors and tackle a variety of problems, whether that’s organising emergency repairs, co-ordinating proactive maintenance, looking into internet connectivity issues or ensuring that vehicle insurance claims are progressed.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that our premises and environments are safe, secure, suitably equipped and fully operational
- Manage our contracts, from photocopier providers to van insurance
- Oversee H&S compliance for our London and Sheffield sites
- Make sure that home-based staff have the correct equipment
- Carry out quality checks of contractors’ work
- Maintain accurate records
We are looking for an individual who will be the right fit for this role, as much as an experienced Facilities Manager. To join us, you will need:
- Previous facilities management experience
- The gravitas and credibility to deal with a variety of internal and external audiences
- A highly proactive approach and great people skills
- To be a superb communicator who can act in a tactful, diplomatic manner when required
- Good IT skills
Other organisations may call this role Multi-Site Facilities Manager, Maintenance and Facilities Manager, Operations Manager, Facilities Operations Manager, or Facilities and Procurement Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 4th March 2021.
Webrecruit and FareShare are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Facilities Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week