Executive Support Officer (Part Time)
- Job Reference: ACBHI0803/CC
- Date Posted: 12 February 2021
- Recruiter: Holocaust Memorial Day Trust
- Location: London
- Salary: £27,449
- Sector: Administration Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Executive Support Officer (Part Time)
Vauxhall, London (initially home based in line with COVID guidelines)
Established and mainly funded by the UK Government, Holocaust Memorial Day Trust (HMDT) is a charity that promotes and supports Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) in the UK.
Holocaust Memorial Day (27 January) is the day for everyone to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, alongside the millions of other people killed under Nazi Persecution and in subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur. It is a time when we seek to learn the lessons of the past and recognise that genocide does not just take place on its own - it’s a steady process which can begin if discrimination, racism and hatred are not checked and prevented.
HMD is for everyone. Each year across the UK, thousands of people come together to learn more about the past and take action to create a safer future. We know they learn more, empathise more and do more.
Together we bear witness for those who endured genocide and honour the survivors and all those whose lives were changed beyond recognition.
We are currently looking for a part-time Executive Support Officer to join our team in an initially home-based role which will be based from our offices in Vauxhall once COVID guidelines allow.
- Salary of £16,570 (FTE £27,449)
- 25 days' holiday (pro rata’d to 15 days)
- Play a leading role in the success of a charity that is striving to make a positive difference to the world
This is an incredible opportunity for a support professional with experience gained at a senior level to take on their next exciting challenge at the highest echelons of our organisation.
Your role will enable the leaders of our organisation to continue their vital work and ensure that our mission to bring awareness and avoid the horrors of genocide can be maintained into the future.
As an Executive Support Officer, you will be tasked with providing key administrative and secretarial support to our CEO and our Trustees.
Specifically, you will provide comprehensive support to the CEO including managing their diary and meeting arrangements, co-ordinating travel and preparing itineraries and overseeing their correspondence, reports and documents. You will also undertake a range of research projects on their behalf as required.
Your role will also include:
- Arranging and managing Trustee and Committee meetings and away days
- Preparing agendas and papers and taking minutes at meetings
- Acting as the first point of contact for Trustees and ensuring documentation is signed and stored
- Co-ordinating Trustee recruitment and induction
- Supporting the UK Ceremony for Holocaust Memorial Day
To be considered as an Executive Support Officer, you will need:
- Experience of supporting and working with senior stakeholders
- To be computer literate (MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and databases)
- The ability to multitask and prioritise effectively
- Strong attention to detail and written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- An interest in and commitment to the values of HMDT
- An understanding of and commitment to diversity and inclusion
Other organisations may call this role Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, EA, PA, Senior Administrator, Secretary, Private Secretary, Secretary to the Board, or Assistant to the Board.
This is a part-time role working 21 hours per week. The exact days worked can be discussed later in the recruitment process.
The closing date for this role is the 8th March 2020.
Webrecruit and HMDT are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Executive Support Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.