Events Officer Part Time
- Job Reference: ACBHJ0803/CC
- Date Posted: 12 February 2021
- Recruiter: Holocaust Memorial Day Trust
- Location: Vauxhall
- Salary: £27,449
- Sector: Fundraising - Events
- Job Type: Permanent
Events Officer – Part Time
Vauxhall, London (initially home based in line with COVID guidelines)
Established and mainly funded by the UK Government, Holocaust Memorial Day Trust (HMDT) is a charity that promotes and supports Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) in the UK.
Holocaust Memorial Day (27th January) is the day for everyone to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, alongside the millions of other people killed under Nazi Persecution and in subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur. It is a time when we seek to learn the lessons of the past and recognise that genocide does not just take place on its own - it’s a steady process which can begin if discrimination, racism and hatred are not checked and prevented.
HMD is for everyone. Each year across the UK, thousands of people come together to learn more about the past and take action to create a safer future. We know they learn more, empathise more and do more.
Together we bear witness for those who endured genocide and honour the survivors and all those whose lives were changed beyond recognition.
We are currently looking for a part-time Events Officer to join our team in an initially home-based role which will be based from our offices in Vauxhall once COVID guidelines allow.
- Salary of £16,570 (FTE £27,449)
- 25 days' holiday (pro rata’d to 15 days)
- Play a leading role in events management for our charity
If you are a proven events manager with an eye for creative content and the ability to work with high-profile individuals and sensitively with groups, this is an incredible opportunity to forge a path in the not-for-profit sector and ensure the success of events that will cement the horrors of genocide in the public mindset.
You will be at the heart of our events programme, playing a critical role in their success and particularly the success of Holocaust Memorial Day on the 27th of January every year.
So, if you are ready to make a real contribution and impact and can bring a range of innovative event ideas to the table whilst ensuring we work with sensitivity and compassion, we want to hear from you.
As our Events Officer, you will be challenged to co-ordinate and plan the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust’s programme of events. This will include our flagship ceremony for Holocaust Memorial Day in January.
Co-ordinating and leading the project planning stages for the annual UK ceremony, you will work with stakeholders in a sensitive, respectful manner to ensure that our events have the maximum impact.
Your role will also involve:
- Leading on the planning and logistics for the annual UK Ceremony for Holocaust Memorial Day, with support and supervision from the Head of Communications
- Liaising with agencies on behalf of HMDT, like the events management company and the production company for the Ceremony
- Supporting the Head of Communications on the development of content for the annual UK Ceremony for HMD
- Delivering a range of events throughout the year, including launches, receptions and online events
To be considered as our Events Officer, you will need:
- Extensive experience in events and project management
- Experience in managing external agencies
- Experience of working with high-profile individuals
- Highly organised and ability to prioritise effectively
- The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work sensitively with stakeholders
- The ability to work independently and part of a team
- An interest in and commitment to the values of HMDT
- An understanding of and commitment to diversity and inclusion
Other organisations may call this role Event Manager, Events Planner, Events Executive, Marketing and Events Officer, Events Co-ordinator, or Events Programme Co-ordinator.
The closing date for this role is the 8th March 2021.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Events Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.