Estate Development Manager
- Job Reference: SCAEX1005/SG
- Date Posted: 23 April 2021
- Recruiter: The National Forest
- Location: Ashby de la Zouch
- Salary: £35,895 to £40,613
- Sector: Membership Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Estate Development Manager
Nr Ashby De La Zouch, Leicestershire
The National Forest Company (NFC) is leading the creation of a restored forest landscape in the heart of the Midlands, an area left scarred by years of coal mining and heavy industry.
Since 1995, we’ve been creating a forest on a scale not seen in England for 1,000 years and so far we’ve planted nearly 9 million trees across 200 square miles across parts of Leicestershire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire. And we aren’t finished yet…
We’re now looking for an Estate Development Manager to support the effective management of our 450 hectare estate and ensure it is suitable for future use.
- Salary range of £35,895 - £40,613 per annum
- Choice of public sector pension schemes
- Staff bonuses
- 30 days’ annual leave and 10.5 days public and privilege holidays
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee assistance programme
- Flexible working options
This is an exceptional opportunity for an estates professional with land management project experience to support our work and the future of the National Forest in an engaging and varied role.
With more than 25 years of successful forestry management experience under our belts, we are looking to the future and the expansion of the National Forest as well as how we can ensure it is a successful enterprise. In order to fund our important education, conservation and ecological work, we require viable income streams that work in collaboration with our environmental activities. Your role will be critical to the realisation of these targets and will enable us to continue making this a greener, more environmentally focused place.
So, if you are excited about helping us continue to make a difference and could thrive as part of one of the boldest environmental regeneration projects in the UK, we’re waiting to hear from you.
As the Estate Development Manager, you will play a vital role in the future of the National Forest as we are aiming to increase the 450 hectares of land we currently own over the next four years. Specifically, you will lead the establishment, management and future development of our estate.
With the support of the Government’s 25 Year Environment Plan and the Nature for Climate Fund, you will develop new long-term plans for our estate taking a commercially focused approach and identifying new commercial ventures and income streams.
You will forge strong relationship with national and local partners, land agents and other landowners to help us to maximise our estate’s environmental, social and economic potential.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Working alongside the Green Infrastructure and Planning Manager
- Identifying and supporting land acquisition opportunities
- Overseeing new planting, ongoing management and lease arrangements
- Handling disposals/legacy planning
To be considered as the Estate Development Manager, you will need:
- At least five years’ relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience of leading land management projects for environmental, user and commercial benefit
- Programme management experience
- Knowledge of the land market, land management and commercial opportunities specifically in a rural and/or woodland setting
- An understanding of woodland, tourism and rural economy issues and market opportunities
- Strong awareness and understanding of sustainable land management activity including meeting UK Forestry Standards, biodiversity, landscape, recreation and community work
- A relevant degree or post-graduate qualification
- A full, valid driving licence
Other organisations may call this role Estate Manager, Land Manager, Land Management Consultant, Environmental Consultant, Environmental Programme Manager, or Environmental Project Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 10th May 2021.
Webrecruit and the National Forest Company are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Estate Development Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.