- Job Reference: PTAAZ1405/CC
- Date Posted: 19 April 2021
- Recruiter: Certitude
- Location: London
- Salary: £26,116
- Sector: Administration Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Location: Ealing, UB6
Application Deadline: 14 May 2021
Salary: £26,116.12 Per Annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Type: Permanent
Service: Learning Disabilities
Location: Ealing, UB6
An exciting opportunity for multiple candidates to join Certitude as Deputy Manager as we continue to grow as a Social Care provider in London.
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 247.5 hours annual leave, pension scheme and 24-hour Employee Assistance
- Paid Enhanced DBS
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan & Cycle to work Scheme
About the role
The role of a Deputy Manager is to provide leadership, development and direction across the service ensuring that the team provides the people we support with the service they need to lead a good life and achieve the things that are important to them and their families.
Duties will include:
- Build great relationships with the people we support and the people important in their lives (families, other staff, and external professionals). Know their skills, interests, qualities, strengths, challenges, ways of communicating and aspirations and ensure the individualized service they receive plays to their strengths; helps them tackle their challenges and achieve their goals
- Ensure all the plans and records relating to people are accurate and up to date using respectful language which allows people to see what progress is being made against goals; track areas of concern (e.g. health) and take action as agreed
- To develop and implement individual Quality of Life plans that focus on individuals’ preferences and needs and maximise and maintain their personal independence all the while promoting rights, autonomy and choices
- Work in a consistent and positive way with local managers and other team members to ensure people get a great service from the whole team at any time. Ensure all organisation policies and specific agreed ways of working in the service are followed e.g. that specific support plans are being followed up, that medication processes are being adhered to, that money is managed effectively, that health and safety practices are carried out
- Supervise, coach and train colleagues in person centred support practices, giving and acting on received feedback on what is going well and what is not going well
- To use information technology (including a computer) to undertake a range of administrative tasks and to follow procedural guidelines and complete appropriate documentation in required formats and to compile detailed written reports and be able to communicate clearly to people we support, employees and other professionals all the while understanding the nature of confidentiality
To be a Deputy Manager at Certitude, the following are essential:
- Experience of supporting people who have mental health needs or learning disabilities to become more active in their community
- Experience of mentoring/supervising/coaching others
- Person centred working & developing person centred support plans with individuals
- Knowledge of safeguarding
- A good communicator (written and verbal) and listener, someone who can communicate well with different people and can clearly get their ideas across in writing and verbally
- Able to organise self and others to get things done with a high level of attention to detail
About the Organisation
At Certitude we are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1500 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, we have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both our Board and Leadership Team. As a result, we can support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
We aim to be the best social care employer in London and are proud of our reputation as a London employer - employing more than 1000 staff and volunteers with a turnover of £34m.
- Working Together
- Continuously Improving
- Inspired by People
Do you want to be a Deputy Manager at Certitude? Complete an application form and someone from the Recruitment Team will be in touch!
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close vacancies before the date stated when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. You are advised to submit your completed application form as soon as possible to have the best chance of being considered.
Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Deputy Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.