- Job Reference: PTABM1205/PK
- Date Posted: 26 April 2021
- Recruiter: Hope For The Future
- Location: Sheffield
- Salary: £38,000
- Sector: Membership Director
- Job Type: Permanent
Sheffield based, South Yorkshire (with national travel as required)
Hope for the Future is a climate change charity, training communities, groups and individuals to
work with politicians on climate change. Our vision is to see politicians of all political persuasions joining together with each other and with communities across the UK to take decisive action on climate change.
We are a small but fast growing charity, operating nationally at a grassroots level, linking constituents with their MPs, running training and holding events. Over the last year, we have opened regional offices in London and Liverpool and are looking for a regional presence throughout the UK within the next two years.
We are seeking to appoint a Deputy Director to support our Director and work as part of the Senior Leadership Team to guide the charity’s operations and activities.
- A salary of £38,000 per annum
- 30 holiday days’
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working options
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with experience working at a leadership level within the charity sector to be involved in, and make a real difference to, an organisation dedicated to tackling climate change.
Hope for the Future has a strong collaborative, creative culture where staff are given appropriate levels of support and autonomy in order to thrive in their roles. During the lockdown, we have developed an even stronger team culture, with daily team check ins and work-from-home support.
About the Role
As the Deputy Director, you will play a pivotal role in the delivery of our operations and charitable activities. You will also co-ordinate staff management and the delivery of projects and programmes.
You will work closely with the charity’s Director to realise Hope for the Future’s vision and strategy, while supporting the development of staff and the senior leadership team.
You will help to develop and implement effective internal communication throughout the organisation, including working with the Board of Trustees and providing timely and relevant information to support effective functioning and decision making. You will also support the development and implementation of the fundraising strategy to ensure a sustainable future for the charity.
Your other duties will include:
- Developing and implementing operational policies and procedures
- Overseeing volunteer management
- Supporting project proposals, financial processes and reporting
- Monitoring and evaluating impact measurement
- Networking and seeking new partners and clients
- Representing the charity at conferences and events
- Maintaining an awareness of advances in the climate movement and national/ local politics
To be considered as the Deputy Director, you will need:
- At least one year’s experience of management or leadership within an NGO or equivalent
- Experience of leading activities that support movement on climate change or change management
- Experience of leading and overseeing teams and individuals
- Experience in overseeing in the delivery of programmes and projects
- Evidence of successful fundraising or income generation
- An awareness of national climate change policy
- An understanding of national and local political structures and processes
- Dedication to halting climate change and an interest in the role of democratic engagement in addressing the issue
- Training or professional development in climate change, lobbying, politics, communications, innovating, engaging, training and development
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience
Other organisations may call this role Climate Change Programme Manager, Climate Change Project Manager, Head of Charity Programmes, or Head of Climate Change Projects.
The closing date for this vacancy is 12 noon Wednesday 12th May 2021.
First stage interviews will be held on Friday 21st May 2021.
Second/Third stage interviews will be held in the week commencing 24th May 2021.
We acknowledge that people from certain backgrounds are under-represented in progressive movements and we are committed to doing what we can to correct this. Within recruitment, we are long listing any candidate that meets all of the essential criteria and identifies themselves as having a protected characteristic.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Deputy Director, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.