Data & Systems Lead
Are you experienced in creating user-friendly IT and data-related systems? Are you keen to get involved with a growing charity? If so, this could be the role for you!
We are Life Cycle UK, a charity that helps people feel healthier, happier and more connected to each other – using cycling as a vehicle. Based in Bristol and working across the West of England and Derbyshire, we have been transforming lives through cycling since 1999. We know that cycling will play a key role in tackling our society’s biggest challenges: poor health and wellbeing, COVID-19 and the climate emergency.
Our work is underpinned by our belief that cycling is an inherently simple, safe and accessible activity. However, this view isn’t shared by everyone. We work to remove the barriers to accessing this low-cost, ‘green’ and healthy form of transport by giving people of all ages and backgrounds the skills and confidence to cycle safely.
We’re now looking for a Data & Systems Lead to join our main office team who will be able to make an impact from the get-go!
- £21,115 - £25,235 (this is at Life Cycle UK salary band 3a)
- 5% pension contribution
- 31 days’ holiday per annum
- Staff discounts on refurbished bikes
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free cycle training and an annual bike check-up
- Discounted tech through TechScheme
- Discounted Endura cycle clothing
- Team-building meetings and socials
- Professional development opportunities
- Support the delivery of services that are making a positive difference to people’s lives
- Broaden your skill set as part of a dedicated team
In this wide-ranging role, you will have overall responsibility for maintaining reliable, effective & scalable IT systems for Life Cycle UK, as well as ensuring the smooth-running of our website.
You will work closely with the marketing and comms colleagues to support a user-friendly, accessible and consistent website content and design to best support our efforts.
As the Data & Systems Lead, you will also be involved in delivering two major systems upgrades; the first phase will involve Life Cycle UK going to market for an EPOS system and the second phase will involve reviewing our current CRM and ensure it is able to support our development plans.
In addition, you will:
- Identify and implement incremental improvements to existing systems, based on staff and customer feedback
- Select and manage our support contracts with external IT providers
- Clearly document the set-up of our systems, for training and data audit requirements
- Put in place systems to provide ongoing training & support to staff in use of tech
- Work with colleagues to implement effective systems to track outputs and outcomes consistently
- Work with colleagues to use data to demonstrate our impact to the public
- Proactively identify and assess new software, systems & processes that could further streamline admin and help
deliver our charitable mission more efficiently
- Present recommendations for improvements to senior management
- Keep the charity compliant with data protection and other relevant legislation
To join us as a Data & Systems Lead, you’ll need:
- High-level knowledge and technical experience of websites and CRM databases
- Previous experience of data management
- The ability to project manage your own work, alongside that of others, to deliver results on time
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand user requests and translate them into technical requirements and functional systems
- Ability to train and support ‘non-technical’ users to use new systems
Experience of the following would be advantageous to your application, but are not essential: CiviCRM, Drupal, Google Analytics.
Other organisations may call this role Data, Insight & Systems Lead, CRM Lead, CRM Manager, Data Lead, IT Lead, IT Officer, IT Assistant, or CRM Officer.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 6th April 2021, by 9am.
Interviews are expected to be held on Friday 9th April 2021.
Webrecruit and Life Cycle UK are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Data & Systems Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week