CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS EXECUTIVE
Central Bristol (Home based with expectations of working from central Bristol office at least one day per week when the tier system and restrictions allow)
Part time - 17.5 hours per week, flexible working hours, permanent contract
Job grading / salary scale: 3 (£23,500 - £27,492, PA/PR)
Frank Water is an international development charity and wholly owned trading subsidiary,working domestically in the UK as well as overseas in India and Nepal, with a vision of a future where everyone, everywhere has access to resilient water resources for generations
Frank Water is now seeking to appoint a part time Corporate Partnerships Executive to a
permanent contract, joining a small, passionate team.
This role will report to the Head of Operations & Fundraising and will work closely with the
Philanthropy & Appeals Fundraising Executive and Fundraising & Events Administrator.
The purpose of the role is to plan, develop and implement corporate fundraising strategies
in line with the organisational strategy and values. This role aims to build strong, long term
partnerships with corporates by ensuring the Rainmaker Club is delivering engaging
opportunities. To communicate the organisation’s unrestricted funding needs in a clear,
consistent way to potential funding partners through high quality, regular communications.
The ideal candidate will have an interest in corporate giving and have knowledge of how to
manage and grow corporate partnerships, including what appropriate KPIs should be for
new business, existing partners and fundraising activities.
You’ll communicate the organisation’s purpose and funding needs in a clear, consistent way
to businesses through a variety of communication channels, finding shared values and
ensuring they feel motivated to donate to Frank Water and understand the impact of their
The successful candidate will be proactive, organised, and a great communicator with
strong attention to detail. You will have proven your networking skills and have a gift for
quickly building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You
will possess a self-motivated, tenacious, and can-do attitude.
It is essential you have a passion for our cause and a desire to develop an understanding of
all aspects of our work, with the ability to travel throughout the UK as required.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- To understand the unrestricted funding needs of the organisation, including core
funding and programmes.
- To support strategic oversight to secure income from corporate partners and manage a
pipeline achieving a target agreed annually.
- To research, identify and prioritise potential new corporate partners, with a focus on
Monsoon Makers and to advise the Head of Operations & Fundraising and the CEO of
upcoming opportunities to grow income through Cloudburst level partnerships.
- To manage a growing portfolio of corporate partners through the Rainmaker and
Monsoon Maker levels of the corporate club, cultivating relationships for additional
support and bigger opportunities, including increasing annual donations.
- To write and deliver inspiring pitches to potential organisations at the Rainmaker and
MonsoonMaker levels, liaising closely with the Programmes & Funding Team to plan and
develop the strongest possible proposals and build relationships.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of each activity/communication and make sure we embed a
continuous improvement cycle into all fundraising activities.
- To maintain and develop a detailed contact history with existing and potential
corporate partners using the organisation’s database (eTapestry), devising an annual
schedule of communications and agreement renewals.
- To ensure strong and consistent stewardship of the corporate donor portfolio,
including prompt recognition of donations and reporting as appropriate in a
comprehensive and timely manner, with input from the Programmes & Funding team
- Oversee the planning, marketing and delivery of the events aimed at corporate
partners, including but not limited to, Stand Up for Safe Water, Rainmaker Club
Breakfast, Supporter Dinner and sporting events, supported by the Fundraising and
- Develop opportunities for direct engagement with staff, with a focus on Rainmaker
Club members, ensuring a strong ROI for FW.
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with a range of internal and
- To support the Head of Operations & Fundraising in updating the team budget,
forecasting corporate income and monitoring success.
- Play a pro-active part in the Fundraising Team and build mutually supportive
relationships across all fundraising, communication, and programme teams.
Key Skills & Abilities
- The ability to think creatively
- A proven ability to network and identify shared values with corporates
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent oral communication skills with a high degree of diplomacy, tact and
- Being an excellent team player who can work on your own initiative to plan and
manage your work load
- Good attention to detail in every area of your work
- Demonstrable teamwork and organisational skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally
- Willingness and ability to work within a small organisation with a small and part time
staff team operating from an open-plan office environment.
Essential Experience & Requirements
- Experience in securing new business support, and growing income from existing
- Experience in bringing staff within a business onboard to organise internal fundraising
- Experience of liaising with and supervising volunteers and interns
- Passion for Frank Water’s cause and desire to develop an understanding of all aspects
of our work
- Flexible and willing to undertake occasional travel in the UK, when necessary
- Experience of working in the charity sector (essential)
- Experience of working in international development (desirable)
If you feel you have the interest and skills to successfully undertake this role, then we want
to hear from you! Click apply to head to our website where you will see instructions on how to apply.
To discuss the role, please contact Katie Endacott.
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 10th May 2021.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Corporate Partnerships Officer, Corporate Fundraising Officer, Corporate Fundraising Executive, or Partnership Fundraising Manager.