Community Support Worker Part Time
- Job Reference: HKYKT1203/SK
- Date Posted: 16 February 2021
- Recruiter: Headway Devon
- Location: Newton Abbot
- Salary: £9.00 to £9.44 Per Hour
- Sector: Administration Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
Community Support Worker – Part Time
Community Based (covering Newton Abbot and the surrounding area)
Want to embark on a highly rewarding career where you’ll support people during a difficult time in their lives? Are you full of great ideas for engaging activities and eager to learn and progress your own understanding?
If so, this is an incredible opportunity to learn, grow and provide a vital service as a Community Support Worker with an established charity.
Who am I working for?
Operating across Devon and Torbay, Headway Devon is a local charity dedicated to improving life after brain injury.
Brain injuries are a hidden disability that can affect personalities, relationships and the ability to lead an independent life. When a person’s life is turned upside down by brain injury, we ensure they get the help and support they need and deserve.
Now, we’re looking for Community Support Workers to join our team, working on a part-time basis, and provide support to individuals throughout Newton Abbot and the surrounding area.
What are the rewards?
- Salary of £9 - £9.44 per hour DOE & qualifications
- Excellent training provided
- Paid travel time
- Group company pension
- Develop an extremely rewarding career with a local charity
- Friendly and inclusive culture
- Increase your expertise in brain damage and how it impacts people’s lives
- The chance to play a key role in people’s recovery process and support their progress
- Generous holiday scheme
- PPE provided
For over 17 years, we’ve provided a lifeline to people whose worlds have been put on hold by brain injury. We want to continue our vital work for years to come, and to do that, we need brilliant people on our team.
As an Investors in People accredited organisation, we will provide you with all the training and support you need to increase your skill set and ensure that you succeed in your role.
You will have the chance to become a key member of a talented team who love what they do and get to make a real difference to people’s lives on a daily basis.
So, if you’re looking to enhance your abilities and do something amazing with your career, we’d love to hear from you.
What will I be doing?
As a Community Support Worker, you will help individuals throughout Newton Abbot and the surrounding area to achieve their goals, maximise their independent living skills and engage socially and with their local community.
This varied, exciting role will see you enabling individuals within the community and making a real difference to lives.
Specifically, you will:
- Carry out tasks in-line with individual’s care plans
- Motivate and monitor the progress of people using our services
- Ensure that individuals feel valued and respected at all times
- Help our clients to increase their confidence and develop key life skills
- Report concerns and relevant observations to the Community Support Services Manager
- Maintain accurate records
Sounds great! What do I need?
To join our team as a Community Support Worker, you’ll need:
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Access to the internet/email and a smartphone
- A sensitive approach to vulnerable people maintaining their dignity and self-respect at all times
- The ability to communicate well, openly and honestly
- The ability to motivate and enable people, self-motivate and use own initiative
- The ability to keep accurate and up to date records
- To be flexible and creative with a good sense of humour and limitless patience
Completion of a satisfactory DBS check will be required prior to commencing your role.
We’re eager to hear from individuals who have experience as, or would like to become a, Support Worker, Care Worker, Junior Support Worker, Community Support Assistant, Care Assistant, or Trainee Social Worker.
We have a variety of part-time hours available, including travel time and training.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday the 12th March 2021.
Webrecruit and Headway Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you are looking to develop an engaging career as a Community Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.