Communications Officer (1 Year FTC)
- Job Reference: ACBVW1405/CC
- Date Posted: 4 May 2021
- Recruiter: Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust
- Location: Rochester
- Salary: £28,000
- Sector: Marketing and Communications Officer
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: 1 Year FTC
Communications Officer (1 Year FTC)
Home Based due to COVID-19 (generally based from Rochester Airport)
Application Deadline: 14th May 2021
For over 30 years, Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex (KSS) has provided world leading pre-hospital emergency services to critically ill or injured patients wherever they are, whenever they need it.
Our purpose is to save lives and ensure the best possible patient outcomes, by continually innovating and improving the delivery of outstanding treatment and care to our critically ill or injured patients. Patients, and their care, continue to be at the heart of all we do.
Everyone here at KSS, no matter their role, is truly people centred, purpose driven, and value led.
As our Communications Officer, you will play a vital role in ensuring all of our communications are aligned with the KSS Way, our strategic and cultural framework, from helping to organise engagement events with staff and stakeholders, to delivering tone of voice training across the charity.
As part of this role, you will help to launch an internal communications audit, develop and embed our internal communications strategy, whilst also working with colleagues to celebrate success and share updates through our weekly internal newsletter and other channels.
It’s vital that you have a keen eye for detail, are able to self-motivate and contribute creatively to communications activity and campaigns and have a genuine passion for helping to make a difference in our local communities.
This role is a fixed-term contract for a year, so we’re looking for an experienced, professional and passionate person who can come in and hit the ground running. You will be experienced in delivering engaging internal communications within the charity sector.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
- Working with the Head of Communications to develop and implement our Communications strategy
- Launching an internal communications audit alongside the Head of Communications to analyse effectiveness of current channels, which will inform new channels to be created
- Agreeing and circulating key messages on a regular basis and helping train colleagues on our tone of voice and style
- Helping plan and execute engagement events for staff as well as key stakeholders, alongside our PR agency
- Leading on internal communications, including gathering and writing content for our weekly internal newsletter from our CEO and Senior Leadership Team
- Suggesting content for our CEO’s Twitter account and blog
- Liaising with our Marketing team to ensure timely and relevant communications messages are shared across social media on a regular basis, for a joined-up approach
- Helping to progress our portfolio of patient stories
- Acting as a champion for our identity and tone of voice, proofreading communications from teams across KSS
- Helping drive forward our Team KSS Young Ambassador Programme and celebrity stakeholder work
Other organisations may call this role Communications Executive, Marketing & Communications Executive, Comms Officer, Marketing Officer, Communications Campaign Officer or Communications Campaign Executive.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Communications Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.