Centre Support Worker
- Job Reference: ACBCO0502/SK
- Date Posted: 14 January 2021
- Recruiter: Headway Devon
- Location: Honiton
- Salary: £9.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Membership Officer
- Job Type: Permanent
Centre Support Worker - Entry Level (Part Time)
Want to embark on a highly rewarding career where you’ll support people during a difficult time in their lives? Are you full of great ideas for engaging activities and eager to learn and progress your own understanding?
If so, this is an incredible opportunity to learn, grow and provide a vital service as a Centre Support Worker with an established charity.
Who am I working for?
Operating across Devon and Torbay, Headway Devon is a local charity dedicated to improving life after brain injury.
Brain injuries are a hidden disability that can affect personalities, relationships and the ability to lead an independent life. When a person’s life is turned upside down by brain injury, we ensure they get the help and support they need and deserve.
Now, we’re looking for a Centre Support Worker to join our dedicated team in Honiton on a part-time basis and support people in the local area.
What are the rewards?
- Salary of £9 per hour
- Excellent training provided
- Develop an extremely rewarding career with a local charity
- Friendly and inclusive culture
- Increase your expertise in brain damage and how it impacts people’s lives
- The chance to play a key role in individuals’ recovery process and support their progress
For over 17 years, we’ve provided a lifeline to people whose worlds have been put on hold by brain injury. We want to continue our vital work for years to come, and to do that, we need brilliant people on our team.
As an Investors in People accredited organisation, we will provide you with all the training and support you need to increase your skill-set and ensure that you succeed in your role.
You will have the chance to become a key member of a talented team who love what they do and get to make a real difference to people’s lives on a daily basis.
What will I be doing?
As a Centre Support Worker, you will provide a specialist re-ablement service for adults with acquired brain injury in Honiton.
Working as part of a small team and reporting to the Team Lead, you will facilitate appropriate activities that stimulate brain activity and help to provide cooked lunches for service users and staff.
Your role will also involve:
- Making centre users and visitors feel welcome and valued
- Facilitating a friendly environment
- Providing sensitive and professional personal care assistance
- Helping service users to access information, support and professional assistance
- Supporting the needs of carers as well as service users
- Supporting fundraising and activities to raise awareness of Headway Devon as required
Sounds great! What do I need?
While no experience is necessary, to join our team, you’ll need:
- At a minimum, GCSEs in Maths and English at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- A sensitive approach to vulnerable people, maintaining their dignity and self-respect at all times
- To be self-motivated, patient and creative with a good sense of humour
- The ability to use language others will understand, adapt behaviour and take reasonable steps to understand and respond to people with different backgrounds and needs
Completion of a satisfactory DBS check will be required prior to commencing your role.
Ideal candidates will hold a relevant care industry qualification or equivalent. Experience and/or knowledge of working in the voluntary sector would also be an advantage, as would experience and/or knowledge of working with vulnerable people or people with acquired brain injuries. Experience of working in the care sector would be equally desirable.
We’re eager to hear from individuals who have experience as, or would like to become a, Centre Support Worker, Support Worker, Care Worker, Junior Support Worker, Community Support Assistant, Care Assistant or Trainee Social Worker.
This is a part-time role, working 7 hours per week on Tuesdays between 10am and 4pm.
The closing date for this role is the 5th February 2021.
Webrecruit and Headway Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you are looking to develop an engaging career as a Centre Support Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.