Home Based (in the Leeds/York area)
If you are motivated, organised and have experience of working in a remote team environment, this is an exciting opportunity to support the success of a service that is changing lives.
Perennial is the nation's only charity dedicated to helping people in horticulture. Together with our network of partners, we provide free support, information, advice, financial assistance and services for horticulturalists and their loved ones experiencing illness, disability, bereavement, family breakdown and financial difficulties.
Our helpline service is a free, confidential national service for people who are working in or retired from horticulture, their families, carers and the professionals who work with them. Our Helpline Team provides information that is reliable, up to date and aims to help people access the support they need.
We’re currently looking for a Caseworker to join our team, working 37.5 hours per week.
- Salary of up to £30,000 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- DIS benefit
- Sickness pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Well-established family friendly policies, including the ability to have extra unpaid leave
- Time off for dependants
We understand the devastating impact that bereavement, money worries, ill health, homelessness, redundancy and family breakdown can have on people’s lives. We’re here to help people in horticulture create better futures.
In this important role, you will have the chance to make a real difference and provide vital support to people as they tackle some of life’s biggest challenges.
As a Caseworker, you will provide person-centred advice, guidance, information and signposting to individuals who have links to the horticulture industry.
Communicating with individuals via telephone and email, you will provide generalist advice on a wide range of issues, such as social care, health, benefits, housing and employment.
You will also:
- Accurately assess people’s situations and identify the best support available
- Support people to feel they can cope and make their own informed choices
- Help individuals to access specialist support
- Provide crisis support including access to food, heating and daily living essentials within your levels of delegated authority
- Ensure that case records are accurate and up to date
To join us as a Caseworker, you will need:
- Experience of working in a remote team environment
- The ability to work well, both on your own initiative and as part of a team
- A calm and confident demeanour
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to handle sensitive topics with discretion
- To be highly organised and motivated
Experience of working in a health/social care field would be beneficial, as would an employment/busines advice background.
Other organisations may call this role Helpline Advisor, Helpline Caseworker, Helpline Operator, Call Handler, Benefits Advisor, Employment Advisor, Helpline Support Advisor, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Representative, or Support Line Advisor.
The closing date for applications is the 7th February 2021.
Webrecruit and Perennial are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Caseworker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.