Direction+ Caseworker - Offender Rehabilitation Charity
Based in Bedford or Luton (with regular travel to visit partners and service users across Bedfordshire)
Are you an adaptable individual with great customer service skills? Do you have an understanding of the criminal justice sector and offender rehabilitation? If so, this is a fantastic opportunity to support the delivery of services that are transforming lives throughout Bedfordshire.
Launched in 2014, YouTurn Futures is an exciting, innovative charity that aims to reduce reoffending and crime, combat anti-social behaviour and promote social inclusion.
We deliver a range of frontline services to support offenders and vulnerable individuals. This includes:
- Direction for Bedfordshire, a dedicated confidential service offering free guidance in signposting individuals to support, including recovery from addiction, help with employment, financial advice, health and wellbeing support
- Conditional Cautioning, which provides 1-2-1 sessions and rehabilitative opportunities to offenders before they find themselves within the Criminal Justice System and court process
- Supportive Pathway, a scheme which offers 1-2-1 support to people aged 16 – 25, helping them to turn their lives around, build their self-esteem and move away from crime
We’re currently looking for a Direction+ Caseworker to join us on a fixed-term contract until March 2022, which has the potential to extend subject to funding.
- Salary of £23,000 - £28,000 per annum DOE
- Generous pension arrangements
- 29 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
This is a superb opportunity to support the development, delivery and growth of initiatives that are providing a lifeline to vulnerable people.
You’ll have the chance to collaborate with a range of agencies who share our goal of moving individuals away from negative influences and supporting them to make better life choices.
We are passionate about our cause and believe that working in partnership with others is the best way to make a difference in people’s lives. If you want to make a positive impact and give people the direction they need to lead a happy, healthy life, we’d like to hear from you.
As a Direction+ Caseworker, you’ll help to deliver a range of frontline services that support offenders and vulnerable service users across Bedfordshire.
You’ll support the success of Direction for Bedfordshire, Conditional Cautioning and Supportive Pathway, delivering all initiatives with a non-judgemental, person-centred and needs-based approach.
Some of your role will include:
- Carrying out service user needs assessments and developing reoffending reduction plans
- Co-ordinating and delivering drop-in centres to meet with service users face to face
- Identifying and managing risk, notifying other agencies as appropriate
- Developing and delivering offender case management systems
- Ensuring that information on our website is accurate
To join us as a Direction+ Caseworker, you’ll need:
- Good working knowledge of the criminal justice sector and an understanding of offender rehabilitation
- Experience of working collaboratively with partners and taking a proactive approach to networking and building relationships with different organisations
- Experience of providing high standards of customer service to people with potentially complex needs OR an NVQ Level 2 (or above) in Customer Service
- The ability to communicate sensitively and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide range of people
- To exercise discretion and apply professional judgement in identifying appropriate solutions and solving problems to meet the needs of service users
- Proficient MS Office skills
Other organisations may call this role Service Co-ordinator, Case Worker, Community Outreach Officer, Community Support Worker, Outreach Officer, Service Hub Co-ordinator, Justice Services Co-ordinator, or Offender Services Co-ordinator.
To ensure that we better reflect the communities we serve, we welcome applicants from diverse and ethnic minority backgrounds.
So, if you’re looking to make a difference as a Direction+ Caseworker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week