Caretaker / Handyperson
- Job Reference: HKXQH0712/SG
- Date Posted: 10 November 2020
- Recruiter: C&C Housing
- Location: London
- Salary: £23,000
- Sector: Membership Officer
- Job Type: Permanent
Caretaker / Handyperson
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Full time, Permanent, 37 hours per week
Location: Maida Vale, London
Who We Are
C&C is a forward-thinking and innovative charitable provider of housing, care, and high-quality bespoke services exclusively for the over 55s in London.
We provide quality services to general needs tenants, own and manage c.2000 properties across London and have 90 years’ experience of retirement home design and living in London.
Our Fit Future Strategy 2017 - 2027 guides our path through a journey of property and service developments, making us fit and ready with a strong foundation for a new period of growth.
As a part of C&C’s fantastic team of Caretakers, you will be operating within a responsive and fast-paced environment, providing an outstanding service to our residents and ensuring the delivery of a high-quality maintenance service at the scheme(s).
Your role will report to the Portfolio Manager and will have a dotted-line relationship with the Head of C&C Direct.
You will work with the colleagues in the scheme to ensure the maintenance of the building and grounds is carried out in accordance with agreed standards and specifications, ensuring that contractual obligations are met by external contractors, in order to support C&C in providing a high-quality service.
You will conduct maintenance inspections as requested by Scheme’s Management Team and C&C Direct, provide cover to other C&C sites when required and be available to provide an out-of-hours Caretaker service on a rota basis.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and knowledge of residential or commercial building maintenance
- Solid experience and understanding of undertaking fire, building and asbestos risk assessments
- A strong background in resident/customer engagement
- Experience of handling and resolving complaints, and conflict resolution
- Experience in housing/customer services
- General experience/understanding of electrical, plumbing and building maintenance
- Excellent/clear communication and numerical skills
- Responsiveness to internal and external customer priorities
- The ability to demonstrate open, honest and ethical behaviour in all dealings with contractors and tenants
- The ability to work as part of a team in a busy environment dealing with conflicting priorities
- Excellent punctuality, good time management and organisational skills
- Resilience and the ability to multi-task in a changing environment and meet agreed deadlines
- The ability to understand, maintain and manage confidential information appropriately
- The ability to recognise the individuality of residents and provide service with dignity and respect
- A proactive approach and the ability to think and act on your own initiative with minimal supervision
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply now!
C&C is passionate about fostering Diversity, Inclusion and Gender balance across the organisation and we always welcome applicants from diverse and BAME backgrounds.
Do you feel this is the right position for you? Apply with your most up-to-date CV. If you wish to include one, we are also happy to receive covering letters.
Other organisations may call this role Handyman, Handywoman, Maintenance Operative, Facilities Technician, Building and Maintenance Technician, Maintenance Technician, or Property Maintenance Operative.