Location: Chatham Green, Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 3FE
Contract Type: Part Time (Fixed Term Contract)
Salary: £29,000 per annum pro-rata
Hours: 0900-1300 or 1300-1700 Monday to Friday
Closing date: Sunday 28 February 2021 (midnight)
First interview: Tuesday 9 March 2021
Second interview: Wednesday 17 March 2021
About Wilderness Foundation UK
Established in South Africa in 1956, the Wilderness Foundation has taken 40,000 people into the wild. Based at Chatham Green in Essex, the Wilderness Foundation reaches in the region of over 5000 children, young people and adults per year.
The purpose of the Foundation is to prepare and educate for the future. We believe that nature and wild spaces are of incalculable value not just to maintain biodiversity and wildlife but for human wellbeing. All our projects and programmes have the same basis – to connect people to nature for wellbeing benefits, mental, spiritual and physical – and to teach people in turn to care for nature into the future by teaching Leave no Trace Ethics, respect and understanding of our impact on a web of life.
Registered Charity No: 1118493 (England and Wales) SC041697 (Scotland)
• To organize meetings and coordinate the CEO’s diary
• To produce meeting agenda and minutes
• To handle correspondence such as reports, letters and presentations etc.
• To support the CEO with specific tasks
• To support project administration
• At least 3 years of secretary, personal assistant, administrator experience
• Able to demonstrate strong project administration skills
• Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Organised with excellent communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills
• Self-motivated, hands on and gets things done on time
• Love nature and believe in the same ethos as the Charity’s
• Passionate about supporting vulnerable people and the environment
A full driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential for this role.
This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure check and reference check.