Location: Islington and Camden
Application Deadline: 10 May 2021
Salary: £44,795.72 Per Annum
Hours: 37.5 hours
Job Type: Permanent
An exciting opportunity to join leading social care provider Certitude as an Area Manager in London.
- A stimulating work environment full of opportunities to learn and develop
- 25 days’ annual leave, pension scheme and 24-hour Employee Assistance
- PerkBox Discount and recognition site
- Eye care vouchers
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work Scheme
About The Role
We are currently looking for an Area Manager to lead on a group of services focused on providing support to people with learning disabilities in Islington and Camden. The role of an Area Manager is to provide inspirational leadership, development and direction across your service area, ensuring the achievement of operational excellence and compliance that maximise people, quality and business outcomes.
Duties will include:
- Work with the Head of Service to support the development and further growth of a distinct Certitude approach to developing practice expertise
- Ensure that your teams deliver great practice
- Create a clear, effective and regular two-way communication across your area, so that all colleagues understand and support the delivery of the business plan, achievement of its objectives, and delivers against Certitude’s mission and values
- Ensure all staff, including direct reports, are managed and supported to perform at their best through regular 1:1s, annual reviews, and coaching
To be an Area Manager at Certitude, the following are essential:
- Experience in leading services that deliver high quality support and great person-centred practice outcomes
- Experience of developing strong relationships with the people we support, families, staff and others built on trust and respect
- Ability to manage and motivate individuals and teams to achieve high levels of performance
- Sound knowledge of practices and skills appropriate to best practice in mental health/learning disabilities such as recovery and positive support
- Strong knowledge of Care Standards and Care Act 2014, safeguarding, DOLS/MCA and regulatory frameworks
About The Organisation
At Certitude, we are proud of our history of supporting people with complex mental health needs and learning disabilities. We support more than 1,500 people across London through a diverse range of support services and believe in providing the right level of support, to enable individuals to flourish, contribute and live a good life.
As a Gold Level Investor in People, we have high employee engagement and a strong commitment to people development from both our Board and Leadership Team. As a result, we are able to support people with mental health needs and learning disabilities to live the life they want to lead; happy, healthy, respected as equals and valued for their contribution within communities.
Do you want to be an Area Manager at Certitude? Complete an application form and someone from the Recruitment Team will be in touch!
All our posts are subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure as well as a full employment history and employment references. We are committed to equal opportunities in employment and service delivery and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We reserve the right to close vacancies before the date stated when we have received sufficient applications from which to make a shortlist. You are advised to submit your completed application form as soon as possible to have the best chance of being considered.
Area Manager, Manager, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP, Autism.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Area Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.