Administrator – Fullers Mill Garden (Part Time)
West Stow, Bury Saint Edmunds, Suffolk
Perennial is the nation's only charity dedicated to helping people in horticulture. Together with our network of partners, we provide free support, information, advice, financial assistance and services for horticulturalists and their loved ones experiencing illness, disability, bereavement, family breakdown and financial difficulties.
We have a real focus on improving health and wellbeing outcomes of people working in horticulture and have an ambitious preventative strategy to create better futures for people working in horticulture.
We are currently looking for an Administrator to join us on a part time basis at our beautiful Fullers Mill Garden location.
- Up to £22,000 pro rata dependent on experience
- 25 days’ holiday per annum pro rata plus Bank Holidays
- Pension (up to 7% employer contribution)
- DIS benefit (3x salary)
- Sickness pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Well-established family friendly policies, including the ability to have extra unpaid leave
- Time off for dependants
This is a fantastic opportunity for an organised administrator to join our enchanting waterside garden location and support our work as we make a real impact.
In this diverse role where no two days will be the same, you’ll have the chance to showcase our unique gardens, from our historic River and Mill Pond to our beautiful flora filled quandaries.
Through your role you will help us generate income that will enable our work in helping people who are experiencing crises get their lives back on track.
As an Administrator, you will undertake a range of administration and co-ordination tasks to support the continued running of Fullers Mill Garden.
Working under the direction of the Head Gardener, you will primarily deal with duties relating to the office, visitors, customers, staff and volunteers.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Liaising with the Marketing Team to manage local media communications and newsletters
- Collecting, analysing and presenting visitor number records
- Keeping accurate financial and petty cash records
- Maintaining high standards throughout the garden shop
- Ensuring the visitor centre is well presented, clean and tidy
- Taking responsibility for garden admissions
- Managing group and room bookings
- Building positive relationships with staff and volunteers
To join us as an Administrator, you will need:
- Experience of administrative tasks and processes
- Previous experience of cash handling, banking and/or Health and Safety procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
- Good IT skills, including proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel
Experience in a paid role, working with or alongside volunteers, would be beneficial to your application, as would experience in dealing with customers, visitors and/or the general public. Specialist or professional training of relevance (e.g. business administration, horticulture, volunteer management) is also desirable, although by no means necessary.
This is a part time role, the working hours of which will vary according to the season. Summer hours (March to September) are 26 hours per week, 9am – 4pm, Tuesday – Friday, and Winter hours (October to February) are 14 hours per week, Tuesday – Friday, offered on a flexible basis.
Other organisations may call this role Administrative Assistant, Receptionist, Secretary, Charity Administrator, Customer Support Administrator, Office Administrator, Volunteer Administrator, Front of House Assistant, Front of House Staff, or Front of House Team Member.
The closing date for this role is the 16th May 2021.
Webrecruit and Perennial are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for flexibility in an Administrator role, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.