Administrative Officer Part Time
- Job Reference: HKYBG2901/SK
- Date Posted: 7 January 2021
- Recruiter: Headway Devon
- Location: Exeter
- Salary: £9.11 Per Hour
- Sector: Administration Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
Administrative Officer – Part Time
XCentre, Exeter, Devon
Operating across Devon and Torbay, Headway Devon is a local charity dedicated to improving life after brain injury.
Brain injuries are a hidden disability that can affect personalities, relationships and the ability to lead an independent life. When a person’s life is turned upside down by brain injury, we ensure they get the help and support they need and deserve.
Based on Exeter’s prestigious Quayside, the XCentre is our unique training venue which is available to hire for a range of events and conferences. All profits generated from rentals are used to support the ongoing survival of this fantastic historic space and Headway Devon’s services for local people with disabilities.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Administrative Officer to join us on a part-time basis and support the smooth running of the XCentre.
- Salary of £9.11 per hour
- Group company pension
- Develop a highly rewarding career with a local charity
- Friendly and inclusive culture
- Generous holiday scheme
If you have excellent customer service skills and a highly organised approach, this is an exciting opportunity to support the success of a charity that is changing lives.
You’ll have the chance to broaden your experience in a number of areas, including events co-ordination, fundraising, marketing and administrative support.
So, if you’re eager to take on an exciting role offering flexibility and the opportunity to learn, grow and make a difference, we want to hear from you.
As an Administrative Officer, you will provide advice and information regarding our services to clients and the individuals we support. You will also support the delivery of learning and development activities for our staff.
Some of your duties will include:
- Delivering an excellent service to build trust and confidence in our organisation
- Co-ordinating bookings for the XCentre, including facilities, catering, equipment hire and hospitality
- Supporting post-event evaluations
- Helping to develop, implement and monitor administrative processes
- Identifying potential learning and development needs for staff
- Supporting the Fundraising and Communications Manager to plan and run promotional, fundraising and marketing events
To be considered as an Administrative Officer, you will need:
- Customer and client services experience
- Experience of working to deadlines and targets
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Excel and data input and storage
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Previous experience in the voluntary or hospitality sector would be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role Events Co-ordinator, Events Administrator, Venue Hire Co-ordinator, Venue Hire Administrator, Events Assistant, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service Administrator, or Customer Support Administrator.
This is a part-time role, working 22.5 hours per week spread over Monday, Tuesday and Friday (or Monday – Friday with shorter days).
The closing date for applications is 5pm on the 29th January 2021.
Webrecruit and Headway Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Administrative Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.